Sunday, September 19, 2010

Are you ready for some football?!

Oh, Autumn. Such a beautiful season. Leaves are turning, the air becomes brisk, and the children are returning to school. 


But Fall means much more to me than this - it's Football Season boys and girls!!! 





Football is an institution around here, and what's better than watching football? Watching football with a bunch of friends, of course! 


Now, I don't know about you, but food and football in our family go together like peanut butter and jelly. You have to have one with the other. Though, I always find myself in a pickle deciding which new foods to bring to the proverbial football table. There are always your staples: 






I absolutely love nachos, but nobody ever seems to agree on which ingredients to put with the nachos. It's not like it becomes a fight, but I tend to believe that someone ends up with the short end of the stick here.

My solution? Enter the nacho bar. The possibilities are endless and everyone gets to choose what they want on their very own plate of nachos. Win. 



And honestly, I think that build your own plate themes are the best ones. You could do the same thing with your sliders - chicken, meatballs, veggie...the possibilities are endless. And they're making me hungry just thinking about them.


What are your football food staples? Any traditions you wish to share?

No comments:

Post a Comment